Are you a DJ and looking for the best value headphones that can fit in your budget and are completely responsive towards bass and treble?
If your answer is yes,
Then you have come to the right place. This article has brought you the Best DJ Headphones Under 100 dollars The headphones reviewed in this article are considered as the top-performing ones in terms of vocal clarity, durability, and bass resonance.
This article has brought you honest and unbiased reviews by worthy experts and many renowned DJs. Although that’s just a myth that one can’t find a good DJheadphones headphone without spending hundreds of dollars.
Top DJ headphones Under $100
- 1 Top DJ headphones Under $100
- 2 1 Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro Headphones (Best Value)
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Key Features
- 5 2- Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- 6 Specifications
- 7 Key Features
- 8 3- Grado SR80e Prestige Series Wired Open-Back Stereo Headphone
- 9 Specifications
- 10 Key Features
- 11 4 Sony MDR7506 Professional DJ Headphones (Best Non-Bassy)
- 12 Specifications
- 13 Key Features
- 14 5 Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphones (Best Sleek)
- 15 Specifications
- 16 Key Features
- 17 6- Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphone (Best Voice Coil)
- 18 Specifications
- 19 Key Features
- 20 7 Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphone
- 21 Specifications
- 22 Key Features
- 23 Final Conclusion
- 24 FAQs
- 25 1-Is Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro headphone a convenient option for mixing?
- 26 2-Is Audio Technica ATH-M40x Headphones good for casual listening?
- 27 3-Why does the Grado SR80e sound so amazing?
- 28 4-Does the Sony MDR7506 block noise efficiently?
- 29 5-Does the Numark Red Wave have a sturdy make?
- 30 6-Why is the Sony MDRV6 Headphone considered supreme in terms of long-lasting sound quality?
- 31 The Sony MDRV6 has a premium coiled vocal mechanism that makes it have a long-lasting amazing vocal quality. 7-Is the Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphone a worth spending product?
- 32 What Things to Consider Before Buying the Best DJ Headphones?
- 33 Sound Quality
- 34 Comfort:
- 35 Closed-Back Design
The headphones you must have seen numerous times on your prompt night, New Year’s Eve party, etc, although you don’t know that the dedicated headphones for a DJ are way different than the standard headphones.
These headphones have specific functionality that gives a full bass and treble response functionality due to which the DJ can listen and shuffle the music notes clearly, and rapidly.
Although there’s another feature that is quite important while purchasing these headphones and that is the make of the headphone and their movement and flexibility.
Let’s get straight to the Best DJ headphones Under 100 dollars. These are as follows:
1-Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro Headphone
2-Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
3-Grado SR80e Prestige Series Wired Open-Back Stereo Headphone
4-Sony MDR7506 Professional Headphone
5-Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphone
6-Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphone
7-Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphone
1 Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro Headphones (Best Value)
The Sennheiser Pro is a top-of-the-line headphone in terms of stereo tone. it is enhanced with the following specification:
|Design Services||Pro Audio|
|Model name||HD 280 Pro|
The Sennheiser Pro Audio is a dynamically designed headphone for DJs under $100. It has close-ear formation along with circumaural ear coupling, and an easy-to-replace ear padding.
These lightweight and dynamically designed headphones have a wireless reading of 9.8 feet . It can seek out your broadcasting problems as you can have nominal impedance and optimum vocal pressure.
The Sennheiser Pro Audio comes with a 3.5mm gold plug. These are under the range of 100 dollars with high-quality audio cords.
The headphones feature a flexible and long-lasting body. Although the ear cups are foldable and easy to rotate.
- Versatile design n
- Circum-aural ear coupling
- Extended frequency response and warm
- Natural tone reproduction
- The nominal impedance of 64 ohms
- The vocal pressure level of 113 dB
- Easily to change ear pads, headband, and audio cords
- Ensures long life
2- Audio Technica ATH-M40x – Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Audio Technica is the best foldable and premium-looking DJ headphone. It is grabbing a lot of attraction in the market because of the following specifications:
|Model name||Audio Technica|
Audio Technica has high-end features that are drawing a lot of attention. Although it has a sturdy frame. The vocal mechanism of the DJ headphone under $100 can solve your listening issues with its superior audio drivers along with high-quality cords.
Audio Technica unleashes supreme comfort while you wear it or switch to single driver monitoring with its flip and listen-to feature. It has improved ear-cupping through efficient layering.
Being a DJ you must grab it as it has phenomenal noise isolation. It has dedicated studio-centric features and all you can have under the price tag below 100 dollars.
- 40mm speaker drivers with frontal earth magnets with copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Made through cutting edge crafting and sturdy making
- Highly long-lasting circum-aural design
- The realistic tone for the studio-grade, live, and DJ use
- Strive great noise insulation
- 90-degree rotating ear-cups for comfortable, single-channel screening
- Provided with comfy ear pad and headband
- 90-degree swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Featured with professional-grade earpad and headband
3- Grado SR80e Prestige Series Wired Open-Back Stereo Headphone
The Grado SR80e is a quality headset under $100 specially designed for DJ’s that has the following distinctive specifications:
This under-budget headphone is phenomenal in terms of comfort and cushioning. The Grado SR80e is layered with high-end foam within premium synthetic leather layering.
The Grado SR80e headphone has an attractive but compact size that makes it easy to carry freely. You will have a classy open-back design with these DJ headphones.
As long as the Grado SR80e’s connectors are concerned you’ll be glad to know that it comes with mini-plug termination along with the ¼ inches adapter.
These headphones under $100 come with extraordinary speaker drivers along with distinctive bass resonance. The feature adds to the performance and bass response of Grado SR80e.
- Mini plug termination
- Open back design
- Gives a larger vocal stage and detailed clarity
- Includes ¼ inches adapter
- Compact and attractive design
- Larger ear cushions for comfortable wearing
- Features enhanced bass resonance
- Powered with standard copper coil wire
4 Sony MDR7506 Professional DJ Headphones (Best Non-Bassy)
The Sony MDR7506 is the best non-bassy DJ headphone that comes with the following specifications:
|Design Services||Sony MDR|
Sony MDR7506 comes with an attractive sporty design that has a unique ergonomic look that makes its formation closed-ear along with effective noise isolation.
Sony MDR7506 headphone has an extensive diaphragm with a long-lasting and flexible design.
It has fine quality earth magnet speaker drivers. The headphone has an excellent frequency range along with the crystal clear voice quality.
This DJ headphone under 100 dollars comes with high-end gold connectors and OFC cords. Sony MDR7506 comes with probably the most efficiently working connectors a DJ must-have.
It has exceptional crafting with phenomenal build quality along with amazing layering over-ear cups. The padded ear-cups give exceptional noise isolation.
- Featured with 40mm neodymium driver units
- Equipped with a wide frequency range of 10Hz-20KHz
- Closed ear design for comfort and reduction of external noise
- Equipped with gold connectors and OFC cords for reliable and stable signal connection
- Sony stereo unmatch plug
- Large-diaphragm and foldable design
- Crafted through rugged making
5 Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphones (Best Sleek)
The Numark Red Wave Carbon is a notable sleek-looking choice among these DJ headphones with the following specifications:
|Design Services||Numark Red|
|Model||Red Wave Carbon|
The sleek and flimsy make Numark Red Wave comes under the price of $100. It has an attractive paint job on it that makes it stand distinguished among other DJ headphones.
It has a soothing tone quality concerning its vocal drivers the Numark Red Wave Carbon performs phenomenally. Although it has a long-lasting and adjustable make that tends the user to keep them safe.
It gives superior comfort and pain-free wearing along with a swivel to hear with a single ear cup feature. It has superior padding over its ear cups.
As long as the connectivity is concerned with it, then you might wonder to know that the Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphone is equipped with the ⅛-inch gold adapter. The adapter connectivity gives you notch-less connectivity over time.
- 50mm neodymium vocal drivers
- Premium tone and exquisite styling
- High-quality full-range vocals
- Sleek design
- Superior comfort
- High compatibility with ⅛-inch gold adapter
- Enhanced padding
- Foldable make
- Attractive design
6- Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphone (Best Voice Coil)
The Sony MDRV 6 studio monitor is probably the best voice coil headphone under $100 with the following specifications:
|Design Services||Studio monitor|
The Sony MDRV 6 studio has an attractive shape along with the most efficient shaped ear pads that make your DJ headphone-wearing pain-free. It has phenomenally designed ear pads that keep your ears fresh and light.
Sony MDRV 6 has a top-notch vocal quality along with advanced bass depth with its dedicated wide diameter and supreme frequency response. All its features combine and come up with a 100+ impedance score that’s just great.
If you are concerned about the connectivity of these $100 DJ headphones, then you might be astonished that Sony MDRV 6 has the most efficient copper Litz cord that is oxygen-free. It has an advanced feature of connectivity that is the Sony Uni-Match plug.
As far as the fitting is concerned while wearing Sony MDRV 6 you might love to know that it has extra padding on the headband and the headband is also layered with premium synthetic leather.
- Circumaural design
- Oval-shaped earpads
- 40mm neodymium drivers
- Wide diameter to have deep bass down of 5 Hz
- Oxygen-free copper Litz cord
- Wide padded headband for better fitting
- 5Hz to 30 kHz frequency response along with 106dB/mW impedance
- Sony uni-match plug
7 Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphone
The Koss Pro-4AA studio-quality DJ headphone has a long-lasting build quality along with the following specifications:
Koss Pro-4AA Headphone gives a premium quality bass boosting with effective noise isolation to keep your ears away from any kind of distortion.
It has top-notch quality vocals drivers that will let you have an amazing sound experience. The Headphone features an over-ear formation that weighs almost 24 ounces.
The DJ headphone under the price of 100 dollars gives supreme comfort in terms of wearings as it has padded ear-cups along with long-lasting build quality. It has a stock mounted-microphone which is of good quality.
Koss Pro-4AA headphones combine a mix & match vintage look with the fusion of modern times. Although it weighs a bit much, the looks and features it adheres to are phenomenal.
It has an efficient supremely coiled 10-feet cord that is indeed a plus point for the DJs who love to rock n roll while live concerts.
- Frequency response of 10-25KHz
- Closed ear formation for maximum bass and isolation
- highly long-lasting made for studio and broadcast use
- Equipped with a mounted microphone
- Supremely coiled with a 10-feet cord
- Featured with ¼ inches cord
- Vintage legendary headphone design
- Superior Koss vocal drivers
You must have gone through the hand-picked options and probably ended up with a lot of confusion regarding choosing the best one among them.
Therefore, here are the three options to whom you must give a shot. Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro Headphone, Audio Technica ATH-M40x, and Numark Red Carbon Headphone.
If you are low on budget but still urge to have the best then you must consider Audio Technica ATH-M40x and Numark Red Carbon headphones as your cup of tea. These two headphones have an amazing vocal quality along with middle-range durable build quality.
Although if you can afford to spend a few more bucks then you must go for Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro headphone that has a sturdy make, amazing vocal quality, and high-quality connectors and cords.
1-Is Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 280 Pro headphone a convenient option for mixing?
Yes because this headphone features superior vocal isolation and neutral frequency response.
2-Is Audio Technica ATH-M40x Headphones good for casual listening?
The M40x features optimal bass and treble that makes it a definite option for casual listening.
3-Why does the Grado SR80e sound so amazing?
The Grado SR80e Prestige Series sounds amazing because it has gently rolled off sub-bass frequencies.
4-Does the Sony MDR7506 block noise efficiently?
This headphone has exceptional soundproofing with closed-back ear cups that lock the sound in and block the noise out.
5-Does the Numark Red Wave have a sturdy make?
No, the Numark Red Wave Carbon Headphone has a real flimsy make that wants you to handle it delicately.
6-Why is the Sony MDRV6 Headphone considered supreme in terms of long-lasting sound quality?
The Sony MDRV6 has a premium coiled vocal mechanism that makes it have a long-lasting amazing vocal quality.
7-Is the Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphone a worth spending product?
Yes, by all means, because the Koss Pro-4AA studio-quality headphone has an exceptional sound and built quality.
What Things to Consider Before Buying the Best DJ Headphones?
The dedicated headphones for studios or for a DJ have a minor interference in terms of sound clarity but with the capability of catching sudden highs and lows.
Therefore the experts have recommended the following points that could make an ordinary headphone be among the dedicated studio-grade headphones.
- Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
- Vocal drivers should be at least 40mm and higher
- Impedance level must be 250 ohms at least
The professional-grade headphones have vocal drivers of at least 40mm and more than that. Therefore you must have understood that the headphones become heavy. Therefore you should ensure that the headphone feels comfy whenever you wear it.
Earpad and Headband:
The DJ-grade headphones must be equipped with comfy memory foam or super squishy earpads. Although the headbands must be layered with a thick foam layer so that you can wear them comfortably while DJing.
As you have gone through the whole article and have witnessed the phrase closed-back design. The closed-back design is a necessity for studio-grade headphones because the sound gets locked inside and the surrounding noise is blocked outside.
Aharon is a music artist and blogger. He is passionate about music and currently doing bachelor’s from University Of Istanbul in Turkey. Aharon loves to know about the latest musical instruments and products and his passion took him forward to start a blog on it. He aims to provide unbiased product reviews of musical instruments that help other newbies to know what exactly they want in order to know that they are spending their money on a right product