Is an immersive, high-quality audio experience important to enjoying the PS4’s gaming experience? Indeed Yes. It is an enormous pleasure to play games on the PlayStation 4 with the sound.]
On the other hand, you might find it more convenient to play the audio through your headphones rather than the TV’s speakers.
If you are a music enthusiast who wishes to play at night without disturbing others, using earphones may be your only option. You can follow these steps within this article to figure out what you need to do in order to use them on your PS4.
There are a few methods for connecting your device seamlessly, no matter what kind of headset you have.
Does the PS4 Support Regular Headphones?
Eventually, people wanted to use them on the PS4, both to hear the controller sounds and to hear complete audio. In this way, the question was raised, will regular headphones work on it? Absolutely Yes! The PlayStation 4 definitely supports regular headsets.
The PlayStation 4’s headphone jack follows the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) standard, a newer, more wide
ly used standard. Therefore, a pair with most features should work fine, but some require some modification.
How To Connect Wired Headphones To PS4
You can use most models with a 3.5mm audio jack after tweaking some settings. Wired devices that are non-compatible can still work with the help of a converter.
Ensure that the headset you purchase is branded and specifically designed for PlayStation 4 use, and the model will work with your console as well.
Steps To Connect Compatible Wired Headphones To PS4
- Start your console and go to the Settings using the controller.
- Go to Devices and select it.
- You will see a list of all the possible devices you can use to link your system on the Devices page. You need to connect a pair, so select Audio Devices.
- Attach your wired headset to the controller.
- To select a headset connected to a controller, choose Output Device.
- If you need to set up and test your headset mic properly, you can select Adjust Microphone Level from the Audio Devices page. You will also adjust the microphone input level with the slider.
- Select Output to Headset from the Audio Devices page, then click All Audio.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
There are several options to pair wireless gear to your PlayStation 4. However, it is important to realize that not all Bluetooth products will work seamlessly with System’s Bluetooth setup, solely focusing on branded console-friendly wireless devices.
There are so many wireless top-notch DJ headphones for PlayStation 4 that are compatible. However, you don’t have to worry because non-compliant models will still work with the device.
You can link some wireless headsets controllers or consoles through a dongle. Check your headset’s instructions and packaging to make sure it comes with a PS4 dongle.
Steps To Connect Bluetooth Headphone to PS4
Follow these steps to pair your device if you have a compatible headset.
- Pair your Bluetooth headset by turning it on and activating pairing mode.
- Go to Settings and then choose Devices. Choose the Bluetooth Devices option in the Devices display.
- When paired, the wireless device should appear under Bluetooth connections. The system will likely need to search for nearby Bluetooth devices for a few moments.
- Choose a headset. Wait until it connects.
- To complete the process, you need to register the device.
- It will display a confirmation message if it’s compatible, and you can use it wirelessly if it is.
What Specific Factors You Should Keep In Mind:
Bluetooth headphones can be used with a gaming system, but only if they are compatible with it.
It is highly advisable to use Bluetooth audio devices that have been specifically designed to work with a PS4, as most standard Bluetooth gears cannot work with it.
Bluetooth products sometimes come with a special dongle that needs to be plugged into the controller or console for them to work with your system.
Aharon is a music artist and blogger. He is passionate about music and currently doing bachelor’s from University Of Istanbul in Turkey. Aharon loves to know about the latest musical instruments and products and his passion took him forward to start a blog on it. He aims to provide unbiased product reviews of musical instruments that help other newbies to know what exactly they want in order to know that they are spending their money on a right product