Did you ever wonder if you and your friend could listen to two different songs at the same time? Several people have struggled with using two headphones simultaneously on their PC but failed every time. Even though using multiple headsets on a PC isn’t easy, there are still workarounds that you can apply.
However, there are some ways you can do this, and they are quite useful. Here are some tips on how to solve the problem of using dual devices on one PC! Anyone with some basic knowledge can follow these steps. They are logical and straightforward.
Why Do You Want to Use Two Headphones At A Time?
Nowadays, we can’t imagine our lives without headphones. We need smooth, high-quality sound on your PC anyway, no matter what we use it for. Whether it’s gaming, watching videos, or listening to music.
It is usually necessary to use two headsets when someone wants to enjoy music or a movie with another person without disturbing anyone else. A person also needs another pair plugged into their PC to privately show a media clip to another person.
Whatever the reason, it is now possible to enjoy your favorite music, videos, and games with anyone you wish by connecting both headsets to the PC.
How to Connect Two Headsets on Pc
The following methods will help you connect your headphones to your computer.
Enable Stereo Mix ( Step b Step Guide)You can use two headsets at the same time on Windows 10 by enabling Stereo Mix. By default, the feature is disabled. It is possible to configure Stereo Mix to play audio simultaneously by following simple steps.
- First, connect both headphones, speakers, or whatever sound device you want to use. Before proceeding to the next step, make sure they are properly connected.
- Right-click on the volume or speaker icon in your system tray.
- Open Sound Settings by clicking on the Sounds option.
- Under the Sound settings, there will be four options. Right-click on Playback and select it. The following screen shows you your two connected audio devices. To make the Speakers the default, right-click the speaker. If the Set as Default Device option is not available, the speaker is already the default device.
- Select the Recording tab from the Sound settings.
- You will find two options if you right-click anywhere in the Recording tab. Select Show Disabled Devices. As soon as you click the tab, you will probably see Stereo Mix in the Recording section.
- Right-click on the Stereo Mix or Microphone and then click Properties.
- From these four options, click on the Listen tab. Now select Listen to this Device. There will be a dropdown menu with the option of Playback through this device. Go to the menu and select a microphone.
- Click the Apply button to complete the application process.
- Your Windows 10 computer is now configured to use double speakers or headphones.
Using Third-Party Audio Mixer Software
Almost anything you can imagine is available in the virtual world, thanks to the development of millions of applications and software. Many audio applications can edit sound and allow you to use multiple outputs simultaneously in one program.
It is possible to play multiple audio devices simultaneously using numerous other software applications. Although users must take care when downloading the software from the internet, they must also be alert to viruses.
Otherwise, you can download it for free. Furthermore, you can always download additional plug-ins for Windows 10 or other versions to stay updated.
With a USB Headphone Splitter
The first two methods might be faster, but this one is the easiest. A headphone splitter allows you to use two or more headsets simultaneously on your computer.
The splitter is a device that splits the cable signal to be sent to multiple devices. Headphone splitters come with additional jacks.
The only necessary step is to purchase a USB port or mini-stereo and connect two devices to it. The audio is split evenly between all devices using this technique.
If you decide to purchase a splitter, there is one thing to keep in mind. First, make sure that your computer supports that sound-splitting hardware, and then spend your money.
Aharon is a music artist and blogger. He is passionate about music and currently doing bachelor’s from University Of Istanbul in Turkey. Aharon loves to know about the latest musical instruments and products and his passion took him forward to start a blog on it. He aims to provide unbiased product reviews of musical instruments that help other newbies to know what exactly they want in order to know that they are spending their money on a right product