Is there any guitar that holds a special place in our hearts?
Yes, there is one. The FGX800C won many hearts of musicians with its outstanding performance and affordability. Its playability is also highly praised, along with its top-notch build quality.
The Yamaha FGX800C review reveals that it is a crowd-favourite model! Its quality is appreciated because it has several special features that could easily cost twice as much! There are various ways to use this one, such as plugging it in or using the preamp soundbox.
However, it is an excellent example of what an electric acoustic gear under $300 can offer.
Let’s explore it more deeply…
|Body Shape||Dreadnought Cutaway|
|Body Material||Nato & Sides|
A Quick Glimpse Of Yamaha FGX800C Review
- 1 A Quick Glimpse Of Yamaha FGX800C Review
- 2 Top Pickup
- 3 Yamaha FGX800C Acoustic Electric Guitar
- 4 WOW Feature That Everyone Will Fall In Love With
- 5 A Perfect Sound Quality For Beginners
- 6 Is FGX800C A Good Choice For Seasoned Players?
- 7 10\10 Hardware That Satisfies Expectations
- 8 Exceptional Electronics Provide Great Musical Performance
- 9 Yamaha FGX800C Review’s Final Thoughts
- 10 Frequently Asked Question
Over the past 50 years, this legendary brand has set the world on fire with its FG series. Now they’re taking it to another level with this amazing FGX800C guitar!
- It is the acoustic and electric version of the FG800. The scalloped X bracing and reverse L block attachment make it a high-quality instrument.
- Genuine solid spruce tops and mahogany back and sides enhance the tone over time.
- It is equipped with a System 66 under-saddle piezo pickup designed by this manufacturer.
- Moreover, the system is controlled by easily obtained AA-size batteries, providing an improved power supply and sound quality.
- In addition, It has a 3-band EQ and an accurate chromatic tuner for adjusting the output to your preferences.
- The traditional dreadnought cutaway shape is paired with a comfortable neck and string action to make for a very smooth playing experience.
- But what makes this a bit more special is its solid spruce top with scalloped bracing, which adds value.
- An impressive feature of this guitar is its polished Nato wood body gives it a nice look.
- Additionally, its rich, full sound enhances midrange while retaining high-end clarity, making it ideal for strumming.
- Its full and gentle tone is perfect for accompanying vocals.
WOW Feature That Everyone Will Fall In Love With
These are well known for the features and quality of their mass-produced, affordable guitars, and they remain a popular choice among students and teachers. Based on Yamaha FGX800C reviews, it seems that the model is successfully competing as a sub-300 model from the brand.
A Perfect Sound Quality For Beginners
Yamaha’s FG series models are popular for a reason. The tonewood of high quality and good action results in great intonation and a balanced sound. The musical quality of this model is rich and full, just like you’d expect from a product.
Dreadnought guitars are larger and designed for enhanced volume and tone projection. Whenever it is played unplugged, it meets its reputation because it has a full and bold dynamic range. However, high notes are distinct and sharp, and low notes are impressive without being overpowering.
Is FGX800C A Good Choice For Seasoned Players?
In addition to having premium tonewoods, the guitar’s price is competitive enough to make it attainable for seasoned and new players as well. You should not hesitate to purchase this product if you are considering it.
It comes with features that even professionals love. Beginners and intermediate players will enjoy it. Furthermore, this is a reliable, long-term investment because of its durability and high sound quality. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned pro, this is the best option for every skill-level player.
10\10 Hardware That Satisfies Expectations
It is not only equipped with a good quality body but also with some convenient and easy-to-use hardware.
Despite its low cost of under $300, its hardware makes it appear much more expensive.
Tuning machines and saddles made with die-cast Urea can last for decades. Additionally, it comes with a truss-rod tool that can be used with this model and any others you may have.
What’s a bit disappointing is that it doesn’t come with a case or gig bag, so it’s difficult to transport. No matter how much a guitar costs, it’s always nice to have that feature.
It has loaded it with the System 66 pickup/preamp, which is quite impressive. A piezo pickup is integrated under the saddle.
The preamp offers a mid-frequency adjustment, making it easy to find the musical tone you’re looking for and an onboard tuner.
Exceptional Electronics Provide Great Musical Performance
The majority of guitars in this price range have great tones, but their electronics aren’t as good, but this model is different. A precise chromatic tuner and a mid-range frequency control offer excellent performance on stage.
There is no doubt that acoustic sounds will always be better than electric sounds, but unfortunately, electric ones will never reach that level. You will get the most effective results by using a high-quality microphone through a PA system when you are amplifying an instrument.
Even so, some instruments work pretty well with electrics if you treat them carefully. There is nothing wrong with this particular model.
Yamaha FGX800C Review’s Final Thoughts
There are many excellent entry-level acoustic guitar examples out there, but it is simply the best. Yamaha has proved its expertise and craftsmanship once again with this model. A highly recommended model for those who are just starting or who are intermediate-level players.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Which strings will work well with this guitar?
Ans: Strings such as the Aluminum Bronze from Ernie Ball would be perfect for this guitar. In addition to having more projection and clarity, they are also more corrosion-resistant than traditional bronze strings. Martin Acoustic medium gauge also produces a nice sound.
Q: Is this one suitable for a complete beginner?
Ans: A new player would benefit significantly from this guitar. It is an excellent choice for novices, intermediates, or professionals with a few minor upgrades. Freshers won’t find it challenging to play.
Aharon is a music artist and blogger. He is passionate about music and currently doing bachelor’s from University Of Istanbul in Turkey. Aharon loves to know about the latest musical instruments and products and his passion took him forward to start a blog on it. He aims to provide unbiased product reviews of musical instruments that help other newbies to know what exactly they want in order to know that they are spending their money on a right product